Ah...December 25th. The day I prepare for months in advance has come and gone. The day we tear open carefully-wrapped gifts, gather friends and family near to share in the beautiful decorations and over-indulge in feasts aplenty. Yes, there is nothing like Christmas Day.
But it's the days AFTER Christmas I enjoy the most. Time now to play with new toys (a Wacom graphics tablet, thankyouverymuch) and "recuperate".
- Recuperate from the house scrubbing, holiday baking and post-feast mountain of dishes.
- Recuperate from too much chocolate, turkey, eggnog and plum pudding.
- Recuperate from taking care of a sick daughter, dog AND cat (gad, I need hardwood floors).
- Recuperate from the lack of sleep (there's nothing like the age-old tradition of wrapping at 2 am on Christmas Eve).
- Recuperate from the hoards of shoppers on Boxing Day (yes, I was that foolish - but I DID get the three items I wanted).
Other than daughter's flu which struck on the 24th, took a short hiatus on the 25th (thank goodness) but returned full-force yesterday, everything went off without a hitch.
All the preparations paid off.
And believe it or not, in a few short months I'll be planning for next Christmas all over again.
Wanna know more?
Click the "About Me" tab above.
Wanna read more?
Click below for the Archives.