Sargent Pepper taught the band to play...
Uh, no. Sorry. Wrong line there, but I couldn't help it. Whenever I say something like that, those Beatles lyrics just naturally follow.
No, 28 years ago it was 1980.
- Ronald Regan became President of the U.S.
- John Lennon was shot
- Mount St. Helen's erupted
- The U.S. boycotted the Summer Olympics in Moscow
- Steve McQueen and Peter Sellers died
- Jake Gyllenhaal and Ryan Gosling were born
- Post-It Notes are invented
- We watched Who Shot JR? on Dallas
- Canadian Ken Taylor organized the escape of Americans from Iran
- CNN started broadcasting
- Gas cost $ 1.25 a US gallon
Gad. We look young!
(Well, you should silly; you were still a TEENAGER).
Gad. I look thin!
(Ditto on the TEENAGER comment).
Gad. We look happy!
(And yes, we still are).
How the heck can it be 28 years already?
Wanna know more?
Click the "About Me" tab above.
Wanna read more?
Click below for the Archives.