tagged "challenged" by Jeff at View From The Cloud who was, in turn cajoled by Brent at The Ominous Comma to:
"Write a funny post that includes an actual and helpful technical blogging tip or educational material helpful to new bloggers."
Crap. Er, I mean, I was honored to be one of a chosen five to participate.
Now I have to admit, I didn't start out as a humour blogger. In fact, I was simply attempting to accurately portray my life in an online journal. It just turned out that people laughed at me. A lot. So to save face and just a tiny speck of my dignity, I tell people I meant to be funny all along.
And they believed me.
So, here you go. The Official*:
*Official in my mind only
1) Shell out $ 50 for a digital recorder that:
- You will never truely figure out how to use
- You will forget to bring along with you anywhere
- You will in fact, therefore only use once
2) Buy a small journal to write ideas down in that:
- You will forget somewhere
- You will therefore buy each time you are at the stationery store
- You will repeat numerous times until you have one in every frickin' room in your home AND one or more for your car
3) Use your digital camera to take a bajillion photos for a single blog post. Proceed to:
- Go crazy trying to choose just one
- Spend days photoshopping it until it is perfect
- Forget what the damn post was about in the first place
- Resign to placing photo in your draft posts folder under a totally inane and non-descriptive title like "Images"
4) Make sure that whenever inspiration hits at work, to write it down on Post-It Notes©. Then:
- Stick Post-Its into your Palm Pilot© (What? Isn't that the way to keep data in a Palm©?)
- Totally embarass yourself at the next staff meeting when all your little notes about co-workers' idiosyncrasies spill out onto the conference table for everyone to read.
5) Your BEST ideas will invariably pop into your head just as you are drifting off to sleep. Therefore:
- Write them down in one of the many journals you have recently relocated.
- Pray to the Gods that you'll be able to decipher those chicken scratches you thought were absolutely hilarious the night before.
Hopefully these Handy Dandy Tool Tips For, But Not Limited To, Future Humour Bloggers™ will ensure that in no time people will be laughing at you, too.
Whether you want them to or not.
And to save myself future hate mail and/or death threats, I'll just leave this open for any humour blogger to participate in if they
Wanna know more?
Click the "About Me" tab above.
Wanna read more?
Click below for the Archives.