A whole week has passed like a blur... and I have been Missing In Action online. Not only was it our Thanksgiving long weekend but I also took a vacation day Friday. And it was NO vacation, let me tell you, for I foolishly undertook the huge task of finally redecorating my craft / scrapbook / daughter's former bedroom all weekend. (It's obvious I haven't quite decided exactly what the heck to call it yet). Sponged purple walls and green shelving may be fine for a tween, but since daughter has grown up and moved downstairs to larger quarters, it just wouldn't do for my newly-squatted "creative space".
Since last Tuesday's all-night-coffee-induced-planning-session, I have been painting, buying supplies and accessories, moving crap out, moving crap back and re-organizing until last night to produce this:
Over the course of this experience, I must admit I learned a few things:
1) I learned where the hell all those rolls of scotch tape disappeared to over the years. I found it tacked up in a kajillion pieces all over daughter's walls; previously adorned with posters, pictures and numerous strings of tiny Christmas lights. Every-square-inch-where. And because of the mottled purple walls, I didn't find some pieces until I painted over them. Swearing ensued whilst scraping away strips of now soggy beigy-coloured tape.
2) I learned to don gloves when painting anything black. And I painted nearly everything that didn't move black this weekend. Desk organizers, wire magazine racks, carts, shelves... and before coming up with the bright idea of using gloves, my hands.
3) I learned it doesn't matter if there is wet paint completely surrounding them; cats will somehow discover that one square inch of unpainted surface to hop up on.
4) I learned not to face away from the door when precariously perched on a ladder delicately painting black trim on beigy walls. Obviously it is a far too tempting target for a male to pass without attempting to tickle your ribs. He nearly got a black paintbrush in the face for that one. Hubby learned not to even think of doing that again.
5) I learned that my dog will repeatedly locate the perfect place to curl up into a ball to sleep -- exactly in the spot I needed to walk by, paint or move furniture to.
6) I learned that painting is a great cardio workout. Especially when dipping a brush or roller in the tray on the table across the room, carrying it up the ladder to paint a section on the wall, descending the ladder, trduging across the room to load it up again, returning back across the room, etc, etc, etc. Repeat ad nauseum all weekend.
Until I learned those little hooks on the bottom of the paint tray actually clip the thing ONTO the ladder.
I stumbled upon that little tidbit of knowledge while finishing the LAST WALL.
Yes I am that stupid.
But I AM learning.
Wanna know more?
Click the "About Me" tab above.
Wanna read more?
Click below for the Archives.